|In aquatic therapy, the physical therapist uses the pool as a therapeutic medium that provides safe rehabilitation for patients with a variety of conditions:
Aquatic therapy allows patients to exercise with less pain, begin strength training earlier, and return to normal movement patterns faster. Because the water supports your weight, your joints are less compressed and your muscles less guarded, which can reduce pain and promote relaxation. Aquatic therapy also reduces swelling and promotes circulation.
The viscosity of the water offers resistance to movement, creating an opportunity for the muscles to work. Under the guidance of the physical therapist, you can improve your endurance, strength, and flexibility.
Aquatic therapy treatment includes the following:
- Individualized, one-on-one care
- Aquatic exercise and therapy techniques (Badragaz Ring Method, PNF, stretching, and endurance training)
- Manual therapy techniques (myofascial release, tissue mobilization, joint mobilization, strain and counter-strain techniques)
- Gradual progression to land-based treatments and gym exercises
MORE also offers these additional aquatic therapy programs:
- Ai Chi: A water exercise and relaxation program similar to Tai Chi for improving balance, strength, and range of motion.
- Pool passes: Independent pool use for personal maintenance programs.
We offer aquatic therapy at our clinic inside Forma Gym (located behind Westfield Oakridge Mall in San Jose). The aquatic therapy pool is private, enclosed, and open year-round. The water is heated to a therapeutic temperature of 92 to 96 degrees.
For more information, contact our team at 408-365-8396 or